JJ Reads

Linger (Wolves of Mercy Falls, Book 2)

Linger - Maggie Stiefvater I enjoyed reading Linger so much that I literally could not put it down. This second installment of the series was quite different from the first, bit in a good way. I liked the fact that you get to hear more than just the opinion of Sam and Grace. You get to read Isabel and Cole's point of view as well.

Cole, oh Cole. So broken and misunderstood. I too had trouble understanding why in the beginning of the story he was such a jerk and basically didn't want to live. As the story progressed and he revealed more to the reader, you felt for him, because we all think that being famous is a great thing, but to those who are famous often times it is a nightmare. Made me think of legends we lost too early, like River Phoenix and Kurt Cobain.

As a parent, I can't say that I agree with Grace's strategy of sleeping with Sam under her parent's roof. They had the right to scold and ground her on that basis. Doesn't matter if they were absentee parents most of the time. They were still her parents and only wanted to protect her. I however, do not approve of the part they played in the first book, Shiver, where they were hardly around.

All in all, I would recommend this book to anyone. Sam and Grace's love story is conveyed throughout the book as the one where you just know this is it, that this is the person you are going to marry. The connection they have is unique and anyone that got the chance to see it at work wouldn't be able to help but feel jealous of the fact that they don't have that with their own partner.

Linger is a must read. Heed my advice, set aside a weekend to read this book from from front to back because once you pick it up, you won't be able to out it down.