JJ Reads

Destroy Me (Shatter Me, #1.5)

Destroy Me (Shatter Me, #1.5) - Tahereh Mafi This short e-novella is written from Warner's, the villain we love to hate in Shatter Me, point of view. We finally get a good look into his slightly disturbed, yet inexplicably adorable mind, and the extent of his obsession with Juliette as told in his own words. Since this is a very short novella, this review itself will be short as well.

The beauty of this novella, at least in my opinion, is that it gives Warner fans their icing on the cake. I must admit that I am among the horde of Warner fans out there. I don't know if it's that human instinct to see the good in even the more seemingly despicable people and that sense of duty to save him from himself. Warner tends to bring out those feelings on me and tons if other fans of the Shatter Me series. I don't want to make comparisons, but the Warner vs Adam conflict reminds me a lot of Team Edward vs Team Jacob in the Twilight series, which this series has nothing in common with other than having totally swoon-worthy leasing men.

I recommend reading this novella to anyone who is a fan of the series. Definitely after you've read Shatter Me, so that what is happening makes sense. It should be read by Warner and Adam fans alike because they both should be given their chance to present their case, and this novella gives that chance to Warner. Adam does get his turn in a few days when Fracture Me is released on December 17th. There's no way I can give this novella that I enjoyed so much less than 5 stars. It was simply brilliant, as all the books released by Mafi have been so far.

REVIEW ALSO POSTED AT YOUNG ADULT HOLLYWOOD